Friday, January 16, 2015

"Your Eyes are the Eyes of a Woman in Love"

Damn straight sister!  I love, love, love the Valentino pre-fall collection.  It is my perfect world: Valentino's world and the vintage world of Celia Birtwell.  Celia Birtwell's world is a magical place, lushly landscaped with inspiration from Sandro Botticelli's La Primavera.  And Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli's world is the wonderful world of Valentino - a perfect placed filled with memories of  Mr. Valentino but thoroughly placed in the present... and in the future because we unfortunately will not see these clothes for a few months.  But as Pierpaolo Piccoli said, "We want to believe in a fantastic future."

Yes we do...

Some of my favorites:

I have to start with the denim culottes - they are too good:




Fly me to the moon and let me dance among the stars:



The power is in the Birtwell flower:



Valentino Pre-Fall 2015.  All photos from Style.com
xo, Juliana

p.s. The quote in the title is from the artist, Giosetta Fioroni, who also collaborated on this collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails